Thursday 6 January 2011


Hello Year 12

Well done to most of you for your work in Wednesday's lesson. (Those of you who don't work well independently know who you are. You need to be able to work independently; it is an essential skill for education and for life.)

Those of you I didn't manage to speak to individually, I'll speak to you at the beginning of next lesson. We'll be working on refining our essays so that they are ready at the end of January. You'll hand them in to me next week and I shall give you some more formative feedback the week after.

After that, we'll move on to look at Domestic Tragedy with All My Sons. Exciting!

If you would like any further support, please don't hesitate to email me or leave a comment. Look through the links that are on previous posts. There's lots on this Blog to support you.

Homework: two hours work on essay improvement.

Happy New Year!
Ms

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ms,
    I was looking at the essay comments you made and you said I could look up James 1st. What precisely should I look up? There's so much on the internet about him!
    Thanks Anisha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anisha
    Try these:
    http://www.suite101.com/content/shakespeares-king-lear-and-james-i-a76108
    http://www.shmoop.com/king-lear/power-quotes.html
    http://www.shakespeare-online.com/essays/learandnature2.html
    They have some good stuff. I'll chat to you about it tomorrow though.
    Ms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have also said to scroll down and look at the criticism that we looked at in class. Look at History and find preoccupation with the unification of the country (I think it's in the first paragraph.
    There are loads of links and resources on this blog for your perusal!

    ReplyDelete